Andrew McCroskery (2008)
Andrew McCroskery was ordained in the Diocese of Down and Dromore where he served as a Curate in Saint Mark’s Newtownards, was appointed Dean’s Vicar of Saint Fin Barre’s Cathedral in Cork and went on to become Rector of Youghal Union of parishes in East Cork before coming to Saint Bartholomew’s.
Michael Thompson (2004)
Michael Thompson sang in the choir of Armagh Cathedral and attended the Royal School in the Primatial City. He was ordained for the diocese of Llandaff and served in the diocese of London, was a minor canon of Westminster and incumbent in the dioceses of Peterborough, Southwell and Lincoln.
William James Ritchie (2000)
William Ritchie, a native of the diocese of Kilmore, served in Egypt, Meath and Raphoe before coming to St Bartholomew’s. He left the parish in April 2004 to take up a rural ministry in the Tullow group of parishes in the diocese of Leighlin.
John Andrew McKay (1985)
John McKay served as the Assistance Priest of the Percy Dearmer church of St Mary-the-Virgin, Primrose Hill in London, and as an incumbent in the diocese of Southwark and later in the diocese of Limerick. After his retirement he spent several years as Chaplain of St George’s Venice and Christ Church Trieste in the Diocese of Europe. From 2005-2006 he was Priest in charge of St John’s, Sandymount, Dublin. He died in August 2010.
John Robert Winder Neill (Bp) (1978)
A graduate of the universities of Dublin and Cambridge John Neill was ordained for the diocese of Ossory and became an incumbent in Cork, Cloyne and Ross. He came to the parish at a time of significant liturgical renewal throughout the Irish Church; a renewal in which he, and the church, played an important part. He left St Bartholomew’s to become Dean of Waterford. In 1986 he was elected Bishop of Tuam, Killala and Achonry. Translated to Cashel and Ossory in 1997, Dr Neill was Archbishop of Dublin, Primate of Ireland and Metropolitan from 2002 to 2011.
John Thomas Farquhar Paterson (1972)
John Paterson became Dean of St Brigid’s Cathedral Kildare, and later Dean of Christ Church Cathedral Dublin.
Henry Homan Warner (1957)
Assistant Curacies in Belfast and Derry. Rector of Drumquinn, Co. Tyrone. Curate of Saint Bartholomews and subsequently Vicar.
Robert Norman Sidney Craig (1951)
Assistant Curacies in Dublin, including Saint Bartholomew’s. Vice-Principle of Bishop’s College, Calcutta. Resigned to take up work in the Parish and then the United States of America.
James Maurice George Carey (1964)
Maurice Carey was a liturgist of distinction and a noted preacher. He was the first incumbent to introduce the eucharistic vestments which became normative under his successor. Hilary Pyle, his widow, is a noted artist; his son Colm Carey the City Organist of Belfast and a celebrated recitalist. On leaving the parish Maurice became Dean of Cork. After retirement he returned to to Dublin as Priest-in-charge of St. John’s, Sandymount.
Walter Cadden Simpson (1918)
Assistant Curacies in Belfast and London. Vicar of All Souls, Clapton Park, London. Canon and then Chancellor of Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin. Died 1958.
Harry Vere White (1905)
Ministered in New Zealand 1879 – 1885, holding various incumbancies in Ireland from that point on. Organising secretary of the SPG in Ireland. Treasurer and Chancellor of St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin. Archdeacon of Dublin. Dean of Christchurch Cathedral Dublin. Bishop of Limerick. Died 1941.
Richard Travers Smith (1871)
Assistant Curacies included the Parish of St Anne’s Shandon, Kilternan and St Stephen’s, Dublin. Canon of St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin. Author of many theological and historical works. Donnellan Lecturer at the University of Dublin, Trinity College. Died 1906.
Arthur Altham Dawson (1864)
Son of Henry R. Dawson, Dean of Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin. Resigned 1871 to work in England. Died 1883.